How Does Invisalign® Work?
Dr. Zaki will plan the exact movements of your teeth. Molds will be taken of your teeth, adjusted and made into plastic aligners. You will receive a new aligner approximately every two weeks, depending on the wearer, to move your teeth gradually.
As with any orthodontic treatment plan, there are both pros and cons. Sometimes the outcome depends on compliance of the patient. Will the patient wear the appliance as dictated by the orthodontic treatment plan? Successful treatment with appliances that can easily be removed by the patient, like retainers and Invisalign®, might not be achieved if the patient does not wear them as prescribed.
1. Invisalign® is almost invisible and most people won’t notice them in your mouth.
2. The aligners are removable, which makes eating and brushing easier than with traditional braces.
3. Many wearers say that Invisalign® is more comfortable than braces.
1. Invisalign® cannot readily be used for certain orthodontic treatments and it might require a much longer period than conventional braces to achieve the desired results.
2. Success of Invisalign® treatment relies on the wearer. The wearer must wear the aligners around the clock.
3. Treatment might take longer than traditional braces.
4. Invisalign® is more expensive than metal and ceramic braces due to the high lab fees involved.
As long as the jaws relate harmoniously to one another and to the face, Invisalign® can be used to treat:
1. Simpler orthodontic cases
2. Crowding of the teeth
3. Spacing of teeth
4. Overjet: Protruding front teeth
5. Underbite: Lower front teeth in front of upper teeth.
6. Deep overbite: Lower front teeth bite into palate
7. Open bite: Front teeth don’t touch
Invisalign® is not the best choice to treat:
1. Severely rotated, extruded, or crowded teeth where extractions would be necessary
2. Jaw alignment problems
3. Palatal expansion
5. Cases requiring corrective jaw surgery
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Zaki at our Virginia Beach orthodontics office to see if Invisalign® aligners will work for your teeth. Call 757-416-1100 now.
Zaki Orthodontics serves Virginia Beach and the surrounding cities of Chesapeake and Norfolk Virginia. Dr. Zaki can treat your whole family with orthodontic treatments that will improve your bite, smile, and confidence. Dr. Zaki will create a custom orthodontic plan for your teeth. Whether you are looking for dental appliances, braces, Invisalign®, bonding, treatment for TMJ or teeth whitening, Dr. Zaki is the educated and experienced orthodontist to provide you with the highest quality Virginia Beach orthodontics.
Dr. Zaki has been in private practice since 1986. He obtained his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Columbia University; where he also completed a residency in orthodontics. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics.
Contact Zaki Orthodontics today in Virginia Beach. Call today (757) 416-1100