ZAKI ORTHODONTICS COVID-19 NOTICE TO PATIENTS
After suspending non-essential orthodontic care for 6 weeks in response to the Governor’s Executive Order, we are excited to begin seeing our patients again on Monday, May 4, 2020. Although you will see many changes in our office, our practice remains dedicated to providing a safe place for our patients to receive the best orthodontic care while preventing the spread of COVID-19. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and we continue to follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
At your next appointment, you will notice some changes we have made to help protect our patients and staff. We need your help to keep everyone safe as we all adjust to our “new normal”.
- Our office will ask you some screening questions when scheduling your appointment. You’ll be asked those same questions again when in the office. The patient’s temperature will be taken.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We ask that only ONE adult (a parent or guardian) comes to a child’s appointment. Please do not bring other children or guests that are not being treated. If you would prefer to wait in your car while your child is being seen, we will be happy to update you by phone.
- If you prefer to remain with your child during their visit, please wear a face mask to help keep everyone safe. Due to the ongoing shortage of masks, we will be unable to provide one for you.
- Our reception room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys or hot beverages, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. There will be less available seating and different sign-in procedures.
- We now offer Virtual Consultations for your friends & family. An instructional video is on our website: www.zakiortho.com
We look forward to seeing our patients and their families again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 757-416-1100.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients and their parents, and to meeting new neighbors and friends!
Tarek O. Zaki and the Zaki Orthodontics Team